Finding extraordinary engineers for exceptional clients

Templin elevated to Marathon Petroleum president

May 30th, 2017

Multivariate Analyses of Phytoplankton Pigment Fluorescence from a Freshwater River Network

May 30th, 2017

TOC Graphic

Environmental Science & Technology
DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.6b05880

Temporal Characteristics of Brown Carbon over the Central Indo-Gangetic Plain

May 30th, 2017

TOC Graphic

Environmental Science & Technology
DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b00734

Sunlight Promotes Fast Release of Hazardous Cadmium from Widely-Used Commercial Cadmium Pigment

May 30th, 2017

TOC Graphic

Environmental Science & Technology
DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.7b00654

Drone vs. truck deliveries: Which creates less carbon pollution?

May 30th, 2017
A new study finds that drone deliveries emit less climate-warming carbon dioxide pollution than truck deliveries in some -- but not all -- scenarios.

Another above-normal Atlantic hurricane season likely, NOAA forecasts

May 30th, 2017

The US Atlantic region is likely to experience another above-normal hurricane season this year, National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration forecasters said. For the upcoming Atlantic hurricane season from June 1 through Nov. 30, they forecast a 45% chance of an above-normal season, a 35% chance of a near-normal period, and only a 20% chance of a below-normal season.

Lukoil lets contract for Sicilian refinery

May 30th, 2017

Isab SRL, a subsidiary of PJSC Lukoil of Russia, has let a contract to Amec Foster Wheeler PLC to provide engineering services as part of a major turnaround of the 16 million-tonne/year Priolo refinery in Sicily’s eastern province of Syracuse.

New scaling law predicts how wheels drive over sand

May 30th, 2017
Engineers have come up with a scaling law to describe how objects move through sand. The scaling law can be used to predict how large trucks and cars drive through this material, based on how toy versions of those vehicles drive through an experimental sandbox containing the same grains.

Michigan’s US senators introduce Great Lakes pipeline safety bill

May 30th, 2017

Michigan’s two US senators, Democrats Gary C. Peters and Debbie Stabanow, introduced legislation aimed at increasing crude oil and products pipeline safety in and around the Great Lakes. One provision of S. 1226 would change the classification of such lines from onshore to a special category that would hold pipeline operators to liability standards like those for US offshore systems, they said.

Michigan’s US senators introduce Great Lakes pipeline safety bill

May 30th, 2017

Michigan’s two US senators, Democrats Gary C. Peters and Debbie Stabanow, introduced legislation aimed at increasing crude oil and products pipeline safety in and around the Great Lakes. One provision of S. 1226 would change the classification of such lines from onshore to a special category that would hold pipeline operators to liability standards like those for US offshore systems, they said.

Follow us: