The Talley Group has several hot jobs we are looking to fill immediately. These opportunities need to be filled at companies ranging from small firms to Fortune 500 located in the Western United States.
These companies are looking for experienced individuals with distinct engineering backgrounds to fill permanent positions.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Electronic Packaging)
Our client in Idaho has a direct placement opening for those experienced in electronics packaging design.
This is an excellent position for someone who has a passion for materials sciences and challenges themselves to get work done in a quick and efficient manner, appreciation for design and quality customer needs execution. The work will include:
- Mechanical/electromechanical design of products
- Assisting the sales team on cost analysis and project coordination
- Working with customers to establish design definitions
- Developing future technology requirements and design standards
- Executing projects in alignment with the Mechanical Development Process.
- Reviewing designs with Manufacturing to ensure product is manufacturable.
- Responsible for all levels of deliverables (documentation, fixtures and tooling) required to produce a quality part on time.
We are looking for a passionate design engineer that works well with other teams. A BSME with 5-10 years of relevant product experience is required. You must also have experience with
- Designing and analyzing multi-part mechanisms and mechanical/electromechanical assemblies.
- Manufacturability and designing for speed are essential including experience with plastic, elastomer, and metal part design and fabrication.
- High-end CAD tool experience, preferably with ProE or Solidworks.
- Experience with 2D CAD tools.
- Familiarity with ISO 9000 practices.
- Familiarity with FDA, TUV, EC, FCC, etc. agency requirements.
- Familiarity with Reliability Engineering methodologies including worst case, stress, durability analysis and HALT.
- Familiarity with Industry Drafting Standards.
Excellent customer communication and management skills are also desired, as well as the willingness to travel.
Sr. Propulsions Engineer
Does internal combustion get your gears going? Then this is the position for you.
Our client in Oregon is looking for a senior propulsions engineer. The prime candidate will be an independent worker and developer, and also have a serious interest in the ins and outs of engines. Position responsibilities include:
- Develop new UAV engine systems and engine component specifications to achieve reliability, durability, manufacturability and performance targets
- Plan, verify and execute the engineering approach, design and development testing to allow for mass-production of engines, guaranteeing production units’ compliance with strict acceptance standards
- Research all aspects of engine’s lifecycle, usage modes and conditions statistics, and failure trends to define target performance and identify and prioritize areas requiring improvements
- Work with other aircraft system engineering functions, sustainment operations, manufacturing, quality engineering and outside vendors to solicit improvement ideas and ensure the cross-compliance of specification changes
- Teamwork with supporting engineers, technicians, CAD operators, and technical writers to ensure uniform project progress
- Write functional product specifications, test plans, test reports, and design study summaries.
- Create technical documentation to support the creation of technical publications/manuals such as assembly instructions, production unit verification procedures, product operation and maintenance instructions.
The desirable candidate will have a BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in engineering (mechanical, auto, aero), and 10 years experience as an engineer with a background in product development. As well as:
- Experience with internal combustion engine design and theory (two-stroke and four-stroke), combustion chemical and thermodynamic theory, fuels, lubricants, thermal management, materials, electronics, and vehicle performance.
- Demonstrated advanced practical knowledge of and experience with carburetor and fuel injection tuning.
- Familiarity with laboratory research equipment and computer software skills is also a plus.
Contact The Talley Group for more information on these engineering positions or to apply today!