Finding extraordinary engineers for exceptional clients

Indigenous groups eye Trans Mountain stake

March 28th, 2019

An indigenous coalition is forming in Canada with the aim of buying a controlling interest in the Trans Mountain pipeline and expansion project between Alberta and British Columbia from the federal government.

Aker Energy Ghana submits PDO for Deepwater Tano-Cape Three Points

March 28th, 2019

Aker Energy Ghana Ltd. has submitted an Integrated Plan of Development and Operations (PDO) to Ghanaian authorities for the Deepwater Tano-Cape Three Points block offshore Ghana.

MARKET WATCH: NYMEX crude settles under $60/bbl on higher US oil supplies

March 28th, 2019

Light, sweet crude oil prices fell modestly Mar. 27 to settle under $60/bbl after the US Energy Information Administration reported a build in crude oil supplies. 

Dallas Fed: oil and gas activity grows modestly as oil price jumps

March 28th, 2019

Energy sector activity grew modestly in first quarter 2019, according to oil and gas executives responding to the Dallas Fed Quarterly Energy Survey.

Australia to increase environmental transparency for offshore projects

March 28th, 2019

The Australian government has announced there will be increased transparency for all environmental plans for offshore oil and gas activities. All plans will be published, and draft environment plans for offshore seismic and exploration drilling activities will be open for public comment under changes to environmental regulations.

Forced precision no help to leasing decision accuracy

March 28th, 2019

Confusion about precision and accuracy works deviously in the politics of climate.

 

Aramco agrees to buy SABIC for $69 billion

March 27th, 2019

Saudi Aramco and Saudi Basic Industries Corp., already partners in the development of technology to produce chemicals directly from crude oil, will merge. Aramco signed an agreement under study since last year to buy 70% of the chemical manufacturer from the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia. The private transaction is worth $69.1 billion. Aramco said it has no plans to acquire the remaining 30% of SABIC shares, which are publicly traded.

Higher-octane gasoline seen as more effective fuel efficiency choice

March 27th, 2019

Increasing the octane standard for gasoline sold in the US would improve overall motor vehicle fuel efficiency more effectively than simply waiting for electric and other alternative-fueled cars and trucks to gain a substantial market share, two reports issued by the Alexandria, Va.-based Fuels Institute argued on Mar. 27.

Vedanta to appraise oil discovery in India

March 27th, 2019

Vedanta Ltd.’s oil and gas unit plans to appraise an oil discovery in its H-2 well in the Krishna-Godavari basin on India’s East Coast. The well, on Block KG-OSN-2009/3, encountered multiple reservoir zones in a Mesozoic sequence at 3,310-4,026 m with hydrocarbon indications during drilling and downhole logging.

US Sen. Alexander proposes ‘New Manhattan Project’ for clean energy

March 27th, 2019

US Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) proposed what he termed “one Republican’s response to climate change: a New Manhattan Project for Clean Energy.” His plan would double federal funding for energy research and natural gas, carbon capture, and eight other “grand challenges” over the next 5 years to create new sources of cheap, clean energy, he said in a Mar. 25 Senate floor address.

Follow us: